OK.  I've been working on the wizard course for 3 weeks now and have completely missed posting here.

My current guitar state... took lessons 35 years ago for about a year.  School, work and life took a priority and I stopped playing.

Kept looking at my guitars, tried playing and became frustrated and overwhelmed by all that I had to learn and gave up again and again.

Joined TAC and then FW.

I hope to have some basic knowledge of the fretboard at the end of this course (it is happening).

I have learned more than expected so far and now believe I can learn the fretboard with some time and practice.

• Like 4

Welcome to TAC and FW Rob. I think for a lot of us here we did the same thing, picked up the guitar, put it down, tried again and stopped over and over in our lifetime. I was in a band at 15, played rhythm guitar, nothing fancy, no lessons, and can kick myself for not staying with it, but, that was in the past, now it's learn as much as I can before I die, lol, and wow, I'm learning more things about playing than I knew was possible.

This is probably one of the best places I have seen on the internet for lessons, Tony is not only a fun teacher, he really knows how to get people motivated.

So have fun!

• Like 2

@Rob E welcome to TAC and FW.  I’m on my 3rd time in FW; Fretboard Wizard #1 opened my eyes to a whole area of new ideas (to me) I didn’t know existed hence would never have asked the right questions not knowing enough to ask.   Didn’t actually go thru #2 (holidays got in the way) but this 3rd offering is the best yet with the added CAGED clarification.

Tony is an amazing teacher.  I’m sure you’ll find what you’re looking for here.

• Like 1

Welcome Rob,

This my 1st time at Fretboard Wizard and it won’t be my last. As they say “take what you need” and leave the rest for next time.  I think Tony has mention that you have to swing between the physical and the mental and I think I am bouncing between the two right now.  I currently had to go back to the physical and learn a few more chords and notes. It’s all good because I knew where to go to get that information. 

“I will get it  eventually ” maybe not all today but by tomorrow a little bit more. I am persistent this time. 

• Like 1

Hey, Rob! Don't worry, I just found out about this, too, and I'm right there with you on the patience part. It takes time, but TAC and FW sure do make it fun to keep playing! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Douglas B said:

Hey, Rob! Don't worry, I just found out about this, too, and I'm right there with you on the patience part. It takes time, but TAC and FW sure do make it fun to keep playing! 

Thanks Douglas.  The daily exercises are challenging and interesting.  Most of them I can get at the slow speed (small win) and quite a few I get at medium (another small win).

• Like 1

Hi Rob, I just realized this and am grateful I found it.  Now to catch up!  At times I have overwhelmosis with FW but it has to percolate in my brain for awhile before it really settles in.  The excitement of learning something new is always exciting for me, once I overcome the intimidation factor and make it a fun adventure.  :)

• Like 1

Hey Rob, I’m in a similar situation, new to FW and been at TAC since 1/31/18. Bought my second acoustic guitar in October of 2017, the first one was about 22 years ago.  Really hoping I can keep up with it this time around. The lessons seem to helping. Even though you’re a few weeks ahead of me, I’ll be eager to follow your progress :) maybe we’ll be working on some of the same lessons together :) 

Kurt G

• Like 1

Hi Rob.  My story is the same.  I was all ready to go about 22 years ago, got started, got sore fingers, got a new job, put down the guitar.  I'm ready to do it right this time, and looking forward to going through the FW with this group!

• Like 1

On 8/4/2018 at 10:25 PM, Blake W said:

I'm ready to do it right this time, and looking forward to going through the FW with this group!

@Blake W Touch base with me, I'm interested in any insights you have.  Sorry for the late reply, I haven't checked in for some time.

On 6/24/2018 at 2:15 PM, Kurt G said:

maybe we’ll be working on some of the same lessons together :) 

@Kurt G As I said to Blake...  Touch base with me, I'm interested in any insights you have.  Sorry for the late reply, I haven't checked in for some time.